Terms and Conditions Britam Customer Portal
- This agreement applies if you have a policy or account with Britam, and wish to subscribe to the Britam Customer Portal service and it explains our obligations to you and your obligations to us. These terms and conditions come into effect when you register for or access the Britam Customer Portal. We will automatically onboard the portal unless you opt out.
- Please contact our Customer Service Centre Tel: (020) 2833000, Mobile: +254 703 094 000 for assistance.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.
- References to "you" or "your" are references to any customer accessing this web site ("Site"). References to "we", "us" or "our" are references to Britam Holdings Limited. References to "Britam" are references to us and our subsidiary companies. References to "Password" means any secret and confidential code for using this Site and/or to avail of any products and services provided by us to you and/or selected by you and/or subsequently changed by you at your discretion. References to "Sites" mean the Britam web site and Britam Customer Portal. References to "the Service" mean the Britam Customer Portal References to "Username" mean and include an identification code which is selected by us and/or you for operating the Site and/or to avail of any products or services provided by us to you.
2. Company Information
- Britam Holdings Limited P.O. Box 30375-00100, Nairobi Kenya
- Britam Centre Mara/Ragati Road Junction Upperhill , Nairobi
- Contacts : Tel: (020) 2833000, Mobile: +254 703 094 000 , Fax: (020) 2717626/2714927 E-mail: email@example.com
3. Site Terms
- These terms and conditions govern your use of the Britam website and customer portal and by accessing this sites and acknowledging receipt of the Username and Password you agree to be bound by them.
- 3.1 Please note that if you are an existing Britam customer, these terms will apply in addition to those in the application form or policy document signed by you. An additional copy can be obtained from your local branch,
- 3.2 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice by updating this posting and your continued access to or use of this Site following any such change; will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions.
- 3.3 Britam reserves the right to accept or decline any application for the Service at its sole discretion.
- 3.4 The processing of your application and the subsequent registration for the Service will be done within X working days of submitting your application.
- 3.5 It is your sole responsibility to familiarize yourself with the operating procedures for the Service as will be provided by Britam upon your registration to the Service. Britam will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of your errors of commission and/or omission.
- 3.6 You agree and undertake to be bound by and to comply with all of the Procedures as may be issued by Britam from time to time. We shall not be bound by or obliged to take any action on any instructions which do not properly comply with the procedures and Britam may reject such non-compliant Instructions.
- 3.7 We will provide you with a Username and Password for your access to this Service. You must keep your login details secret and not disclose them. You must take all reasonable care to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of the Service. We will not be held liable for any losses arising from the unauthorized use of your Username and Password.
- 3.8 You must notify us immediately should you suspect or become aware that your login details have been compromised, through our customer service team.
- 3.9 This service is available to individual customers accounts held by one person or jointly by two or more people and will be operated as according to the account mandates held by us.
4. Use of this Site
- 4.1 You may not misuse this Sites (including, without limitation, by hacking). We may in our sole discretion terminate your access to or use of these Sites for any reason, including without limitation where we believe that you have not acted in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Site.
- 4.2 This Sites are designed to be accessed from our homepage. Accessing a specific page within this Site via a hypertext link may mean that you do not see important information about this Site, the conditions for its use and Britam.
- 4.3 While we will endeavor to ensure that these Sites are normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason these Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. Also, your access to the Sites may also be suspended temporarily or restricted without notice to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services or for reasons beyond our control.
- 4.4 Britam reserves the right to enhance the Sites at any time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to keep updated with these enhancements. We will make all reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes or updates.
5. Copyright, all rights reserved
- The entire design and content of these Sites is the copyright of Britam Holdings Group, The Britam logo and Britam name are registered trademarks of Britam Holdings Limited. All trademarks, brand names, logos and designs used on this Site are our intellectual property. All our rights are reserved and the information held is for your personal security. You may not download (all or in part), transmit, reproduce, distribute or modify this Site without our prior written permission. However, you may print out part or these entire Sites for your own personal use.
6. Third Party Products and Services
- 6.1 Where we provide hypertext links to third party internet web sites, such links are provided for your information and convenience and the inclusion of any link it is not an endorsement by us in any way of any products or services in such web sites. You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such web sites or for any loss or damage, however arising, suffered as a result of their use. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such web sites.
- 6.2 This Site may also contain some material provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of such material.
- 6.3 No third party is permitted to link any other web site to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
7. No Offer
- Nothing on these Sites should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transactions or provide any financial advice.
8. No Warranty
- 8.1 Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided on these Sites are accurate and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness, reliability or completeness of any such information.
- 8.2 Opinions and any other contents on this Site are provided by us for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages then feel free to check this with us.
- 8.3 Nothing contained on this Site constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
9. No Liability
- 9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will accept no liability in any event including (without limitation) for negligence, and/or for any damages or loss of any kind, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses or losses that may result to you or a third party arising out of, or in connection with,
- (i) Your use or inability to use these Sites, or your downloading of any material from the Site or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus( including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property, or system failure), loss of any profit, goodwill or reputation, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in, or linking to other sites from this Site or the material on such websites;
- (ii) Any action based on the content of this Site or any use or application of the same or any error or omission relating to the transmission of the content of these Sites.
- 9.2 Britam shall not be held liable for the quality of service, any interruptions, malfunctions or disruptions from your internet service provider, telecommunications provider or any other third party.
- We do not exclude our duties or liabilities under Insurance Regulatory Authority, Capital Markets Authority Retirement Benefits Authority Guidelines for the conduct of business.
Discontinuation of the Service
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, these Sites or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site.
- Information and Instructions received from you through the Sites will be stored by us and accessed by employees of Britam (as is deemed necessary).
- Notwithstanding any provision contained in this Agreement, We shall not be liable to You to the extent fulfillment or performance of any terms or provisions of this Agreement is delayed or prevented by revolution or other civil disorders; wars; acts of enemies; strikes; lack of available resources from persons other than Us; labour disputes; electrical equipment or mobile network failure; fires; floods; acts of God; government or regulator action; or, without limiting the foregoing, any other causes not within its control, and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence We are unable to prevent, whether of the class of causes hereinbefore enumerated or not. If any force majeure event occurs, We will give prompt written notice to You and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of such event.