Britam's Commitment to Customer Privacy
- Britam is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of its customers' personal and private information ("customer information") submitted to Britam via www.britam.com (“website”) and https://customerconnect.britam.com/ ("the/this customer portal"). This privacy and security policy ("this policy") outlines Britam's practices and commitment to the customer in this regard.
- Britam knows that you expect a high level of privacy and security for the personal information that you have shared or intend sharing with us. This privacy notice is designed to inform you of the types of information we collect from our customers, how we use that information, and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties.
Choice and Consent of the Customer
- The decision to provide Britam with certain customer information via our customer portal is always up to you as the customer. However, It should be noted that in financial dealings, withholding certain information may limit the services Britam is able to offer you.
- Britam will not collect or use your information without obtaining your consent as required under law. In respect of all marketing activities related to Britam services or products, consent to collect or use your information will be obtained from you, the customer.
- In addition, third parties chosen by any member within the Britam Holdings Limited are taken through strict due diligence processes in order to ensure that customer information is handled securely. The type of information you will be asked to provide will vary according to the product or services required.
What customer information is collected?
- Information requirements may vary depending on the Britam products and services to which a customer subscribes. Customer information in general refers to personal information submitted to Britam via the website or customer portal that identifies or relates to an online visitor or customer, whether they are an individual or a business. This information includes but is not limited to details such as name, age, identification numbers, registration numbers, and addresses.
Maintenance of accurate information.
- Britam continues to establish procedures designed to ensure that the customer’s non-public personal information is as accurate and complete as possible, in accordance with reasonable standards. If you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us via our customer service email address email@example.com (Customer Connect”) in order to make the necessary amendments.
Why does Britam collect customer information?
- Britam uses customer information to identify the customer, to offer better online services and to contact you in the event of any query. In the event we make any new enhancements on the portal, we will need your information to keep you updated. Britam also uses customer information to bring to your attention details of Britam’s other services and products. The more we know about you, the better we can serve you.
How does Britam safeguard your information?
- Keeping your financial information secure is one of Britam’s most important responsibilities. This policy governs the behavior of employees with regard to accuracy, confidentiality and security of all customer information.
Sharing of customer information with third parties
- Under certain circumstances Britam Customer Connect may be required to share the information with the third parties, where we feel they can contribute to add value and improve the quality of services provided by us to you. Britam Customer Connect shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the confidentiality of your information is maintained by imposing strict confidentiality requirements on all the third parties with whom we may part with the information
Opting out of Marketing push messages.
- In case, you don’t wish to be disturbed via any tele-calling marketing activities, you may register this request by calling our customer service team on 0703094000 or writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Help contribute to the protection of your information
Britam advocates that you help maintain the security of your personal information by taking the following steps:
- Not sharing your ID or password with anyone
- Changing your password regularly
- Remembering to sign off after an online session
- Not leaving your computer unattended while conducting online transactions
- Reporting lost or stolen cards
- Helping us maintain accurate records by letting us know when your circumstances change so that we can update our records accordingly
- Not sending any confidential information via non-encrypted e-mail
- Not supplying your personal and financial information to any site you do not know or trust
Right to Amend this Privacy Statement
- Britam reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. All amendments to this policy will be posted on the website (www.britam.com). Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this policy.